Friday, December 7, 2007

week 1; #1 & #2

#1 Read the About page

#2 Pointers from lifelong learners:

I reviewed the 7 1/2 things for lifelong learning. They are as follows:



  1. Goal setting

  2. Accept responsibility

  3. View problems as a challenge

  4. Have confidence

  5. Creat own learning toolbox

  6. Use technology to my advantage

  7. Teach/mentor others


And most importantly:



1/2 PLAY

As I was reading the seven and a half things, it occured to me, that many of these things I learned, while I was a Mary Kay Consultant in the early 80's.

  1. Goal setting; set a goal, make a plan, work your plan. Continue to re-evaluate long term, short term goals & objectives.
  2. Accept responsibility for one's own successes.
  3. Don't view challenges and questions as problems. View them as opportunities to learn, re-examine, reorganinze, and re-evaluate.
  4. Fake it till you make it : confidence
  5. Use tools available: best you can afford
  6. Use technology
  7. Teaching and mentoring helps to solidify what has been learned.

No comments: